- Cruelty investigations, humane education, rabies control, dangerous and nuisance animal complaints, sick/injured animal rescue, deceased animal pick-up, stray animal impound, barking dog investigations, and licensing.
- Animal Control Officers also collect all fees due the City for animal licensing, impound fees, services rendered, etc.
- (310) 675-4444: Emergency callout for injured animals, attacking animals, vicious animals, animals running loose, or dead animal pickup.
- (310) 349-2948: Non-emergency Animal Control issues such as barking dog complaints, crowing roosters, basic inquiries, or general information. 24/7 message line.
- (310) 349-2952: Dog Licensing
- Email: hawpets@hawthorneCA.gov
- The office is located at the Hawthorne City Hall: 4455 W. 126th Street, Hawthorne, CA 90250
Los Angeles County Animal Control Shelter
216 W. Victoria
Gardena, CA 90248
Hours of Operation for L.A. County Animal Shelter
- Monday through Thursday: 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Friday through Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.