Hawthorne Police Department
12501 Hawthorne Blvd
Hawthorne, CA 90250
Police Lobby Hours
7 am to 7 pm (everyday)
Records and Traffic Windows hours:
8 am to 5 pm (M-F)
Contact Us Directly
Filling out the below form is the best way to get in touch with us. We know the frustrations of calling and being put on hold or being asked to leave a voicemail. As in many law enforcement organizations, we are often working out in the community and may not be at our desk when you call. By sending us your question or concerns below, we can quickly reply and get your questions answered and issues resolved.
- Call (310) 349-2700 if you need to reach someone at the Police Department.
- Call (310) 675-4444 if you need a non-emergency police response to your location.
- Call (310) 349-1632 for Graffiti Removal (24-hr Hotline)
This form is not for dispatching purposes.
We are the only Police Department in the South Bay to offer a live chat feature. No need to wait around for an answer. Take a look at the bottom left of any page on the website and you will find the live chat icon. Give it a try!
Four Patrol Supervisors are assigned to designated geographical areas of the city. The main goal is address community concerns specific to their areas. Some of their responsibilities include:
- Meeting with business owners
- Meeting with neighborhood groups.
- Help create business and neighborhood groups where needed.
- Coordinating resources to address crime and quality of life issues.
- North of El Segundo Blvd, West of Hawthorne Blvd
- Lieutenant Romero can be reached at district1@hawthorneCA.gov
- North of El Segundo Blvd, East of Hawthorne Blvd.
- Sergeant Williams can be reached at district2@hawthorneCA.gov
- South of El Segundo Blvd, East of Hawthorne Blvd
- Lieutenant Tomatani can be reached at district3@hawthorneCA.gov
- South of El Segundo Blvd, West of Hawthorne Blvd
- Lieutenant Lane can be reached at district4@hawthorneCA.gov
If you have information on any criminal activity that you would like to report but remain anonymous, we encourage you to call the Crime Stoppers hotline at:
You can also use the confidential web tip information system by clicking on the below link:
Los Angeles County Fire Department
Hawthorne contracts with the Los Angeles County Fire Department for all fire/medical services.
There are three Fire Stations in Hawthorne:
- Station 161: 4475 W. El Segundo Blvd., Hawthorne, CA 90250
- Station 162: 12151 Crenshaw blvd, Hawthorne, CA 90250
- Station 160: 5323 W. Rosecrans Ave, Hawthorne, CA 90250
Hawthorne City Website
South Bay Regional Public Communications Authority
The South Bay Center for Dispute Resolution
The city of Hawthorne uses this independent service to assist in the following issues:
- -NEIGHBORS ~ property lines, yard maintenance, pets, parking, noise
- -LANDLORDS/TENANTS ~ security deposits, repairs, evictions, privacy
- -BUSINESS/CONSUMER ~ refunds, repairs, warranties, deposits
- -DOMESTIC ~ roommates, domestic partners, family members, friends
- -HOMEOWNER ASSOCIATIONS ~ repairs, CCR's, board/owner issues
- -WORKPLACE ~ employee/employer, employer/employee, dismissal, wages
- -MULTI-PARTY/MULTI-ISSUE ~ complex and/or regional issues that involve many people/public agencies
Please call (310) 376-7007 or check out their website HERE
Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles (LAFLA)
"LAFLA operates Self Help Legal Access Centers in Inglewood, Long Beach, Santa Monica and Torrance. The Centers a collaboration between LAFLA, the County of Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Superior Court and Neighborhood Legal Services. They are walk-in clinics that offer individuals who are representing themselves legal information, assistance in preparing legal forms, guidance on a variety of civil matters, including evictions, divorces and paternity actions, and civil harassment. Referrals to private attorneys or legal services programs are provided as needed."
The Centers are open on the following days and times:
Monday – Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. The Centers are open on Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. only.
1 East Regent St., Room 107
Inglewood, CA 90301
Long Beach Courthouse
Gov. George Deukmejian Courthouse
275 Magnolia Ave, Room 3101
Long Beach, CA 90802
Santa Monica Courthouse
1725 Main St., Room 210
Santa Monica, CA 90401
825 Maple Ave., Room 160
Torrance, CA 90503
Please call (800) 399-4529 or check out their website HERE
About this Website
HPD's original website was long overdue for an update. As we evolved and advanced as a Police Department, we wanted our website to best represent our vision of who we are today. We set out to eliminate the clutter, stripped it down with a bold presentation, made it easy to find basic information, integrated a live chat feature to get you an immediate answer, and customized the site to automatically adjust to your tablet or cell phone.